Question: What is OWSM?
Answer: OWSM stands for Oracle Web Service Manager. Oracle Web Services Manager offers a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution for policy management and security of service infrastructure. It is a standalone platform for securing and managing access to web services.
Question: How do we call secured web service from SOA?
Answer: By using OWSM policies.
Question: Can we generate custom OWSM policies?
Answer: Yes, we can create custom OWSM policies.
Question: By how many ways we can add OWSM policy to Web Service?
· Through policy annotations at design time
· Via the Administration Console at runtime
· Via Fusion Middleware Control or WLST
Question: When we call secured web service from SOA, which policy we will use “Client” or “Service”?
Answer: When we call secured web service from SOA then we add “Client” policy to reference partner link and when we want to secure our web service then we use “Service” policy.
Question: Can we use OWSM with Oracle Service Bus?
Answer: Yes, we can access OWSM policies from OSB.
Question: Can we attach OWSM policy to multiple composites to secure composites?
Answer: yes, we can apply one policy to all composites in one domain using policy sets.
Question: what is the scope of Policy Sets or where we can apply Policy sets ?
· Domain — all policy subjects of the specified type in a domain
· Application or Partition—all policy subjects of the specified type in an application or SOA partition
· Application module or SOA composite—all policy subjects of the specified type in an application module or SOA composite
· Service or reference—all policy subjects of the specified type in a SOA service or reference
· Port or component—all policy subjects of the specified type in a port or SOA component